Snap bean > Leaves > Discolored leaves
1 of 3
Bean Common Mosaic Virus, Bean Yellow Mosaic Virus and others
- Leaves are curled, mottled, and may be yellow
- Plants are stunted
- Pods can be distorted, blotchy with dark and light green, and in severe cases, have bronze blotchy areas
- More information on Viruses ...
2 of 3
- Occurs during summer, especially during hot, dry weather
- Leaves are a speckled, off-green color
- Webbing can be seen when large numbers are present
- Mites are yellowish or greenish color; found on underside of leaves; very tiny (1/50th inch long) and not easily seen without magnification
- More information on Spider mites...
3 of 3
- Leaves, stems and pods first develop water-soaked lesions
- A white, cottony fungal growth develops on leaves, stems and pods
- Leaves yellow and fall off
- Infected stems dry out and turn light brown
- Plant wilts, and may eventually die
- Hard black irregular to oval shaped sclerotia (fungal structures) form within and on infected plant parts
- More information on White Mold...