Potato > Seedling > Collapsed seedling
1 of 1
Black Scurf/Rhizoctonia Canker
- Delayed or no emergence, have few stems, and poor growth
- Underground stems and roots have brown, sunken dry spots
- Small hard black spots stick to the skin of the tuber like dirt that won't wash off
- Tuber production is low, tubers may be small and deformed
- In severe cases, small green tubers form on the stem above ground
- Stem has a white to gray flaky growth just above the soil line.
- Most problematic in cool wet soils
- More information on Black Scurf/Rhizoctonia Canker...