Pepper > Leaves > Holes in leaves
1 of 3
- Adult feeding on leaves creates shallow pits and small, irregular holes giving it a "shot hole" appearance
- Adults are small (1/16-1/8 inch long), and vary in color; they can jump
- Present throughout the growing season
- More information on Flea Beetle...
2 of 3
- Chews leaves, can completely defoliate plants
- Damage occurs July through September
- Chews holes in fruit
- Caterpillar grows up to 4 inches long
- Caterpillar is green with white marking and a conspicuous 'tail' on the tip of the abdomen
- More information on Tomato Hornworms...
3 of 3
- Can chew holes in fruit
- Active spring and summer
- Chews irregular holes in leaves; can completely defoliate plants
- Feeds during night and typically not seen during day
- 1/4 to 2 inches long
- Soft-bodied and typically brown or gray
- More information on Slugs...