Pepper > Fruit > Holes in fruit
1 of 3
- Chews hole in fruit
- Damage occurs July through September
- Chews leaves, can completely defoliate plants
- Caterpillar grows up to 4 inches long
- Caterpillar is green with white marking and a conspicuous 'tail' on the tip of the abdomen
- More information on Tomato Hornworms...
2 of 3
- Can chew holes in fruit
- Active spring and summer
- Chews irregular holes in leaves; can completely defoliate plants
- Feeds during night and typically not seen during day
- 1/4 to 2 inches long
- Soft-bodied and typically brown or gray
- More information on Slugs...
3 of 3
Agrotis ipsilon, Peridroma saucia
- Can chew holes in fruit (summer)
- Damage occurs during spring and summer
- Stem chewed within 1 inch of base of plant (occurs during spring)
- Can chew holes in leaves (spring and early summer)
- Cutworms are grayish or brownish and up to 2 inches long; typically found during day hiding in soil
- More information on Cutworms...