Onion > Root > Discolored rotten roots
1 of 2
Fusarium basal rot
Fusarium oxysporum f.sp. cepae
- Roots are rotted or absent and the bulb is often easily pulled from the ground
- Onion bulb has watery brown decay starting at the base and extending up into the bulb
- A white fuzzy growth can often be seen on the rotted basal plate
- Leaves turn yellow to brown from the tip down and wilt
- More information on Fusarium Basal Rot ...
2 of 2
- Sunken dark pink to maroon areas on roots
- Infected roots break off easily
- Leaves turn yellow with a reddish tinge from the tip down due to root damage
- Plants are stunted and may produce no to very small bulbs
- Commonly occurs mid to late season, in areas with poor soil
- More information on Pink Root...