Onion > Bulb > White fuzzy growth on bulb
1 of 2
Fusarium basal rot
Fusarium oxysporum f.sp. cepae
- A white fuzzy growth can often be seen on the rotted basal plate
- Leaves turn yellow to brown from the tip down and wilt
- Onion bulb has watery brown decay starting at the base and extending up into the bulb
- Roots are rotted or absent and the bulb is often easily pulled from the ground
- More information on Fusarium Basal Rot ...
2 of 2
- Bulb has white, fluffy fungal growth
- In severely infected plants, leaves may be stunted, yellow from the tip down, and die
- Small, hard, black poppy seed like fungal structures form on infected bulbs
- More information on White Rot ...