Garlic > Leaves > Distorted leaves
1 of 2
Onion yellow dwarf virus
- Leaves are crinkled, flattened and fall over
- First see yellow streaks at the base of young leaves
- Eventually all leaves show yellow streaking to complete yellowing
- Bulbs fail to form if plants are infected when young or are firm but small when infected later in the season
- Disease spread by the green peach aphid
- More information on Onion Yellow Dwarf Virus ...
2 of 2
Stem and bulb nematode
- Plants appear distorted
- Plants are stunted with shortened and thickened leaves
- Base of stem (neck) of plant is soft, eventually wilts
- Bulbs are often desiccated and light weight, secondary rot organisms like soft rot may invade and rot the bulb
- More information on Stem and Bulb Nematode ...