Garlic > Clove/bulb > Holes in cloves/bulb
1 of 2
- Holes in bulbs are present
- Plants yellow and wilt, sometimes rapidly
- Maggots may be present; they are carrot-shaped, legless, and cream colored
- More information on Onion Maggot ...
2 of 2
Agriotus spp., Melanotus spp.
- Tunneling and holes in roots
- Leaves show no damage
- Larvae are thin, shiny, jointed, yellow to reddish-brown color, and approximately ¼ - 1 ½ inch long
- More common in gardens that were previously in grass or sod
- Larvae can be found throughout the growing season
- More information on Wireworms ...