Strawberries > Fruit > Holes in fruit
1 of 3
- Feeding results in a small, deep hole in both green and ripe fruit
- Slugs look like snails without a shell, and are approximately 1/4 to 2 inches long
- Slugs are present in damp weather, and pose a problem in late May-June
- More information on Slugs...
2 of 3
- Bird feeding causes wedge shaped punctures or “dents” in berries
- Pieces of fruit may be scattered around damaged berry
3 of 3
Glischrochilus spp., Carpophilus spp.
- Feeding results in small (<1/4 inch) holes in ripe fruit
- Picnic and sap beetles are approximately 1/4 inch long, mostly black insects that are flattened and broadly oval with four yellowish-orange spots on their backs
- Beetles appear at harvest and are attracted to overripe fruit
- More information on Sap Beetles...