Raspberry > Canes > Unusual growths
1 of 2
Red-Necked Cane Borer and Bronze Cane Borer
Agrilus ruficollis, Agrilus rubicola
- Feeding by the white, legless larvae cause swellings on the cane
- A “D”-shaped hole where the larva has exited the cane may be present
- Adult is small (¼ inch), blue-black, with a dull coppery color on the area behind the head
- Adults are active in late May and June
- More information on Red-Necked Cane Borer...
2 of 2
Crown Gall and Cane Gall
Agrobacterium tumefaciens, Agrobacterium rubi
- Spongy white tumor-like galls on the cane, roots, and crown
- Older galls are brown to black and hard
- Poor growth and fruit production may be seen on severely infected canes
- More information on Crown Gall...