Melons > Seedling > Holes in seedling leaves
1 of 2
- Springtails feed on cotyledons resulting in small holes and surface scarring on the leaves
- Very tiny
- Usually seen early in the season (May through June)
- More information on Garden Springtails...
2 of 2
Striped Cucumber Beetle
- Beetles feed on leaves and can completely defoliate a plant
- Shows a preference to cucumbers, certain varieties of winter squash, and zucchini
- Vectors bacterial wilt
- Feeds on flowers and directly on fruit, causing scarring
- Adult is yellow-green in color, about 1/4 inch long, and marked by three black stripes
- Active from June through September
- More information on Striped Cucumber Beetle...