Grape > Woody Vines > Malformed/unusual growths (canes/trunk)
1 of 2
- Galls first appear on the trunk near the soil line
- Young galls are soft, light green in color, with no bark
- Older galls are brown to black and are hard
- Poor shoot growth and fruit production may be seen on severely infected vines
- Vines suffering from winter injury due to cold winter temperatures are more susceptible
- More information on Crown Gall...
2 of 2
- Young leaves will appear smaller, cupped and chlorotic
- Shoots are stunted (shortened internodes)
- Shoots growing on infected canes will appear deformed and discolored
- A canker that is flat in appearance develops on older woody vines, often around old pruning wounds
- Symptoms usually only seen in vines >6 years old
- More information on Eutypa Dieback...