Grape > Fruit > Fuzzy growth on fruit
1 of 2
- Berries become soft and watery, and may be covered in a fuzzy white-gray mold
- White grapes will start to turn brown while purple grapes turn reddish in color
- Berries that have been infected for several days will shrivel and drop to the ground as hard mummies
- Multiple berries in a cluster can be infected
- Leaves have large, red-brown patches; a gray mold may or may not be observed on the leaf
- More information on Botrytis...
2 of 2
- Infected green fruit turn light brown to purple are soft, covered in a downy felt, and easily fall off the cluster
- Berries are most susceptible when pea-size (early summer) and again when approaching maturity (late summer, early fall)
- Yellow-green “greasy” lesions develop on upper leaf surface
- Lower leaf surface develops a dense, white cottony growth under humid conditions
- More information on Downy Mildew...