Blueberry > Leaves > Leaves turn brown and wilt
1 of 2
Fusicoccum putrefaciens and Phomopsis vaccinii
- In summer, leaves on infected branches, wilt and turn reddish brown
- Reddish brown, target like cankers can be found on infected branches
- Cankers are often low on the branch and near a leaf scar
- Cankers enlarge each year until they girdle and kill the stem
- Small black bumps can be found around cankers and on dead branches
- More information on Canker diseases...
2 of 2
- In spring, new leaves turn brown along the veins and wilt
- Young shoots bend into a shepherd's crook
- Infected berries appear pinkish tan and feel rubbery
- Berries eventually become whitish gray, shriveled, and drop off
- More information on Mummy Berry...