Juniper > Needles > Needles at base turn brown, tips remain green
1 of 1
- Foliage on lower and inner branches turns brown to gray and then falls off
- Browning and defoliation progresses from interior of branch to exterior
- Needles on branch tips often remain green
- Over years, browning spreads from the bottom of the tree up until only the uppermost branches are green
- Upon close examination, small raised black to brown spots can be seen on killed needles
- More information on Cercospora blight...