Fir > Needles > Missing or chewed needles
1 of 1
- Chew needles and can occasionally defoliate conifers, particularly when small and adjacent to preferred hosts, such as aspen and oak
- Mature larvae are 2 inches long; upper side has five pairs of blue dots near front of body followed by six pairs of red dots down the back
- Damage occurs in June and July
- Is currently a federally quarantined pest in Minnesota; not established in Minnesota; if found, call Minnesota Dept. of Agriculture at 651-201-6684 or 1-888-545-6684
- More information on Gypsy moth...