Willow > Leaves > Dots, spots or blotches on leaves
1 of 2
Ventura saliciperda and Glomerella miyabeana
- Young leaves turn black, shrivel and fall off as buds open in spring
- Shoots turn black, wilt, curl over and die
- Small, black, sunken cankers form on twigs causing twig dieback and shoot blight
- Infection from V. saliciperda limited to new shoots; G. miyabeana may infect older twigs
- Common in cool, wet weather
- More information on Willow blight...
2 of 2
Willow lace bug
- White or yellow speckled or pinprick discolorations on upper leaf
- Leaves can look bleached when infestations are severe
- Black, shiny spots and shed skins on underside of leaves
- Lacebugs are up to ¼ inch long; light colored bodies with dark colored spots; intricate, lacy wings
- More information on Willow lace bug...