Serviceberry > Trunk/branches > Holes in trunk or branches
1 of 2
Roundheaded appletree borer
- Dead stems and stem breakage
- Cracks or splits in bark on lower stems
- Areas of darkened bark and sap oozing from entrance hole
- Larvae have round bodies, tan to cream colored, legless, about 1 – 1 ½" long
- Adult brown with two white stripes, about ¾" long with equally long antennae
- More information on Roundheaded appletree borer...
2 of 2
- Numerous small exit holes in bark, about ¼" diameter
- Dead twigs from larvae feeding under bark
- Typically attack stressed or weakened trees
- Adult beetle dark brown, 1/10" long
- More information on Shothole borer...