Prunus > Trunk/Branches > Rough, bumpy patches on branches
1 of 2
- Infested twigs and branches show dieback in canopy
- Adults are white and covered by a white cocoon-like armor, which gives the appearance of white bumps along the stem or branches
- Crawlers or juvenile scales are light purple
- Cocoon-like armor can be seen year round but crawlers can be seen in June
- More information on Scurfy scale...
2 of 2
- Lumpy olive to black elongate swellings along all sizes of twigs
- Gall formation may cause leaves to wilt or not leaf out showing branch dieback
- Rough black cracked swelling can occur on the main trunk
- Most common on choke and pin cherry
- More information on Black knot...