Prunus > Trunk/Branches > Holes in trunk or branches
1 of 2
Dogwood twig borer
- Larvae tunnel inside branches, making holes in stem to push out frass and wood shavings
- Leaves on random branches wilt and turn brown
- Adults chew on the underside midrib of leaves causing the leaf to curl downward at tip
- More information on Dogwood twig borer...
2 of 2
- Swelling of lower trunk at larval feeding sites
- Sap and frass exudes from holes
- Larval tunneling girdles stem, potentially causing tree death in young trees
- Common on Prunus x cistena
- More information on Peachtree borer...