Lilac > Leaves > Cupped or deformed leaves
1 of 2
- Leaves cupped or otherwise deformed
- Leaves or leaf veins discolored yellow, often appear chlorotic
- Killed weeds are found nearby
- If injury is severe, leaves may become brittle and fall from shrub and stems may dieback
- More information on Herbicide Injury...
2 of 2
Candidatus Phytoplasma fraxini
- Dense clusters of short, thin twigs originate from one area of stem
- Leaves may be small, distorted and yellow
- Brooms are common at the ends of branches and clustered at the very base of the plant
- Entire canopy is pale green to yellow, some leaves with brown margins
- Branches may die and shrub will decline
- More information on Witches' Broom...