Ironwood (Ostrya) > Trunk/branches > Unusually colored area of bark on trunk or branches
1 of 2
- Sunken, relatively smooth, round to irregular areas of bark on trunk or branches
- Affected bark is often lighter in color
- Small cream colored disks or saucer-like fungal spore producing structures grow within affected area
- Has no effect on the overall health of the tree
- More information on Smooth patch...
2 of 2
- Leaves have reddish brown irregular spots or blotches
- Leaves may drop prematurely
- Reddish brown cankers on branches; may become sunken and surrounded by ridges of wound wood with age
- Dead twigs and wilted, bleached leaves on branches with girdling cankers
- More information on Anthracnose...