Ironwood (Ostrya) > Leaves > Spots on leaves
1 of 2
- Leaves have reddish brown irregular spots or blotches
- Leaves may drop prematurely
- Reddish brown cankers on branches; may become sunken and surrounded by ridges of wound wood with age
- Dead twigs and wilted, bleached leaves on branches with girdling cankers
- More information on Anthracnose...
2 of 2
Erysiphe ellissi and Phyllactinia guttata
- White-gray, felt-like spots or patches on leaves
- Infected leaves may curl, twist or fold upwards
- Lower shaded leaves and small understory trees are most commonly affected
- More information on Powdery mildew...