Honeylocust > Leaves > Yellow dots or pinpricks on leaflets
1 of 3
Honeylocust plant bug
- Feeding causes distorted, undersized or stunted leaflets
- Also causes stippled or mottled marks on leaves
- Defoliation can occur when insect populations are high
- Damage first noticeable in May and June
- More information on Honeylocust plant bug...
2 of 3
- Speckled or pinprick discolorations on the leaves
- Sticky honeydew occasionally produced
- Insects bright green, approximately 3/16 inch; can be confused with honeylocust plant bug
- More information on Honeylocust leafhopper...
3 of 3
Honeylocust spider mites
- Light infestations cause a speckled whitish or yellowish discoloration on upper leaf surface
- Heavier infestations can cause foliage to brown
- Adults yellow to yellowish green, which are microscopic
- More information on Honeylocust spider mites...