Hickory > Leaves > Spots or blotches on leaves
1 of 2
Downy leaf spot
- Leaf spots start as small round spots, but often grow together into large angular patches
- Spots are pale yellow on upper leaf surface and powdery white below
- As season progresses, spots can turn dry and brown
- Occurs on hickory, black walnut and butternut
- More information on Downy leaf spot...
2 of 2
Gnomonia leaf spot
- Brown, circular spots with yellow edges on leaflets
- Spots ⅛ to ¾ inch in diameter
- In severe cases, spots merge causing leaflets to brown, curl and drop prematurely
- More information on Gnomonia leaf spot...