Dogwood > Stems/branches > Small piles of sawdust on stem
1 of 2
- Holes and brown colored frass around pruning scars, injuries and burr knots
- Crown dieback
- Epicormic growth beneath infested area on tree
- Particularly a pest of flowering dogwood
- More information on Dogwood borer...
2 of 2
Dogwood twig borer
- Larval tunnels inside branches, making holes in stems to push out frass and sawdust
- Larvae feed downward, holes often occur near outside end of branches
- Larval feeding cases leaves on random branches to wilt and turn brown
- Adults chew on the underside of midrib of leaves causing the leaf to curl downward at tip
- More information on Dogwood twig borer...