Dogwood > Leaves > Spots or blotches on leaves
1 of 3
Erysiphae pulchra and Phyllactina guttata
- White spots or blotches on leaves
- In severe cases leaves may be completely coated with white powdery fungal growth
- Leaves may be stunted, reddened, scorched and cured or puckered by midseason
- More information on Powdery mildew...
2 of 3
Four-lined plant bug
- Small, round depressed spots which may be brown, black or translucent on leaves
- Dead plant tissue may fall out causing a "shot hole" effect
- Newly hatched nymphs are red with black wing pads and become yellowish green with a black stripe on each wing pad as they develop
- Adults are ½ inch long, yellowish to yellow green in color with four longitudinal black stripes on the wing covers
- More information on Four-lined plant...
3 of 3
Septoria leaf spot
Septoria cornicola and Septoria cornina
- Leaf spots are tan to brown in center with thick purple border
- Heavily spotted leaves often drop prematurely
- Spots occur later in growing season
- More information on Septoria leaf spot...