Boxwood > Leaves > Spots or blotches on leaves
1 of 2
- White spots or blotches on leaves
- In severe cases leaves and young shoots may be completely covered with white powdery fungal growth
- Leaves may be stunted, curled or puckered
- More information on powdery mildew...
2 of 2
Cylindrocladium buxicola (syn C. pseudonaviculatum)
- Round leaf spots with a tan center and dark brown edge
- White chalky looking spores on lower surface of leaf
- Dark brown to black streaks on stems
- Stem cankers can girdle and kill branches
- Rapid defoliation and twig deback, roots remain healthy
- Not currently found in MN. If suspected, call the Minnesota Department of Agriculture "Arrest the Pest" Hotline: 1-800-545-6684
- More information on boxwood blight...