Barberry > Leaves > Leaves wilt, turn brown and die
1 of 2
- Leaves on one to several branches turn red to yellow, wilt, die and fall off
- Dark olive to gray streaks are often visible in the sapwood if the bark is peeled back
- Symptoms may appear in several branches or in the entire shrub
- Symptoms are often most obvious in late summer and autumn but can occur throughout the growing season
- More information on Verticillium wilt ...
2 of 2
- Leaves on one or more branches wilt, turn brown and die
- Bark on affected branches is darker, cracked, or blistered at the site of the canker
- Wood beneath the canker is dark brown
- Common on shrubs stressed by drought, winter injury and other factors
- More information on Botryosphaeria canker...