Chrysanthemum > Spots on leaves
1 of 3
Fourlined plant bug
- Occurs May to early July
- Feeding causes brownish or sunken spot on leaves
- Nymphs are red or red and black; Adults are greenish yellow with 4 black stripes, 1/4 to 1/3 inch long
- More information on Fourlined plant bug...
2 of 3
- Powdery, fluffy white spots and blothces on leaves, stems, and flower parts
- Tiny black round spheres may be visible within white spots late in the season
- Spots typically start on lower leaves but can spread to cover the entire plant
- Severely infected leaves may be completely covered in white or grayish white fungi
- In some cases, leaves become curled or twisted or turn yellow due to the infection
- More information on Powdery Mildew...
3 of 3
- Leaves turn yellow then brown from the edges inward and wilt
- The base of the stem may be brown or discolored
- Often seen after warm wet weather
- Tiny tan to reddish brown hard spheres and white cottony growth can be seen at the base of infected leaves or in the soil around infected plants
- More information on Southern Blight...