Ageratum > Leaves > Wilted leaves
1 of 2
- Entire plant or single branch wilts, leaves turn brown and die
- Wilted stems are discolored, tan to off-white
- Fluffy, white cotton-like fungal growth may been seen on infected plants when humidity is high
- Round to irregular hard black fungal structures ranging in size from 1/16 to ½ inch can be found clinging to the outside an infected stem or embedded inside the dead stem
- More information on White mold...
2 of 2
Rhizoctonia solani and Pythium spp.
- Leaves turn yellow and wilt
- Plants are stunted
- The base of the stem may turn brown and crack
- Roots have brown sunken areas and lack root hairs
- The outer root tissue may be easily removed leaving behind thin, stringy root cores
- More information on Rhizoctonia root rot...
- More information on Pythium root rot...