High tunnel raspberry basics
Learn about planting layout, spacing, cultivars, and more.
In this Farmbyte, we're sharing:
- A video on high tunnel raspberry production
- Guides, news, and websites
- (454 K PDF) Raspberry production in high tunnels: General production recommendations including cultivar selection, weeds, insects, site preparation, planting, pruning, thinning, temperature, economics, and more. From UMN.
- (522 K PDF) Integrated strategies for management of spotted wing drosophila in organic small fruit production: Recent update to management recommendations with info on high tunnel berry production. From Michigan State University.
- UMN Raspberry Production Resources: These pages will give you information on variety recommendations for Minnesota, production practices, pest management, and marketing. From UMN.
- The berry diagnostic tool: Much information exists on controlling plant pests and problems, but one must first identify the cause before intervention can occur. This diagnostic tool will assist in identifying potential causes of plant problems in berry crops. From Cornell University
- SWD – How to stop a proliferate pest?: Article from the Good Fruit Grower on the unique challenges to controlling SWD and research efforts to control spotted wing drosophila.
- FruitEdge: IPM info and alerts. From UMN.
- High tunnel raspberry production can improve yields and berry quality.
- Proper layout, design, and cultivar selection will improve the success of the enterprise.
- Carefully think through and plan how you will manage spotted wing drosophila; using good cultural practices (ie not leaving berries on the ground), traps to detect, physical barriers, and pesticides should be considered as components of your management.
Fill out my online form.