Freezer strawberry jam recipe
- 2 cups prepared fruit (about 1 quart ripe strawberries)
- 4 cups (1 ¾ lbs.) sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 box powdered fruit pectin (1.75 ounces) or 6 Tablespoons
Yield: Make about six, 8-ounce jars
- Thoroughly crush, one layer at a time, about 1 quart fully ripe strawberries.
- Measure 2 cups crushed strawberries into a large bowl or pan.
- Add sugar to fruit, mix well, and let stand.
- Mix water and pectin in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir into fruit mixture. Continue stirring about 3 minutes. (There will be a few remaining sugar crystals.)
- Ladle quickly into jars. Cover at once with tight lids. When jam is set, store in freezer. If jam will be used within 2-3 weeks, it may be stored in the refrigerator.
Reviewed by Suzanne Driessen 2016