Canning Apple Juice
Good quality apple juice is made from a blend of varieties. For best results, buy fresh juice from a local cider maker within 24 hours after it has been pressed.
- Refrigerate juice for 24 to 48 hours.
- Without mixing, carefully pour off clear liquid and discard sediment.
- Strain clear liquid through a paper coffee filter or double layers of damp cheesecloth.
- Heat quickly, stirring occasionally, until juice begins to boil.
- Fill immediately into sterile pint or quart jars or fill into clean half-gallon jars, leaving ¼ inch headspace.
- Adjust lids and process.
- Boiling-water bath
- Pints or Quarts – 10 minutes
- Half-gallons – 15 minutes