Blueberry Syrup Made From Wild Fruit
Wild fruits from Minnesota's fields and woods can make very good syrups.
Blueberry Syrup Recipe
- 2 quarts blueberries
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Mash fruit, sprinkle with sugar, cover, and let stand overnight in refrigerator.
- Add water, bring to a boil, and cook 20 minutes.
- Strain through cheesecloth.
- Heat to boiling point; pour into hot, sterilized canning jars. Seal with two-piece canning lids.
- Process 10 minutes in boiling water bath.
Reviewed by Suzanne Driessen 2015
Reference: University of Alaska Cooperative Extension Service