Food Safety Courses in Spanish
Several courses are offered in Spanish including:
- Initial Certification for Food Managers — We use the ServSafe® certification course developed by the National Restaurant Association Foundation. The four part series includes 12 hours of instruction. Classes are presented in Spanish and all written materials including exams, are in Spanish.
Average Passing Rates: Average Test Scores 81% U of M Extension 4-day course 83% U of M Extension 4-day course 72% National 1-day course 63% National 1-day course
- Initial Certification for Food Managers – online — We use the Training Achievement Program Series (TAP Series) certification course. When you register you can choose to take the course and exam in Spanish. Take up to six months to complete your 10 to 12 hours of training on line and take the exam in person at one of our testing sites. Pass the 90 question exam with 75% and process your paperwork for certification. Register now. Our registration system is having some technical difficulties. If you are unable to register using this link, please contact Connie Schwartau at email@example.com.
- Certification Renewal for Food Managers — Certified Food Managers needing renewal attend four hours of the four part series. Based on the agenda they can choose the hours that most meets their training needs.
- Food Safety Employee Training — Food establishments are responsible for keeping food safe for their customers. All foodservice workers need BASIC food safety training. The two- hour workshops are interactive and provide hands-on training. Training is sponsored by the employer and offered at the worksite for groups of 15 or more. Workers who attend sessions 2 and 3 of the four part series receive 8 hours of Food Safety Employee Training.
Spanish speaking foodservice managers and workers.
- In-person, as needed — When 10 individuals commit to taking a course in a geographic location we will offer the four-part series.
- In-person, as requested — Food Safety Employee Training can be provided for a group of at least 15 learners, depending on availability of trainers. Training is sponsored by the employer and offered at the worksite. Contact Glenyce Peterson-Vangsness, 507-381-3561.
- Online — Initial Certification for Food Managers is offered in Spanish.
- Initial Certification for Food Managers
- Online Initial Certification for Food Managers
- Certification Renewal for Food Managers
- Food Safety Employee Training
For more information about in-person classes in Spanish contact Glenyce Peterson-Vangsness at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-381-3561.
For more information about the online initial certification for food managers in Spanish contact Connie Schwartau at email@example.com or 507-337-2819.