Safe Food Sampling at Farmers' Markets
Come and learn about the new safe food sampling at farmers' markets legislation passed this year that allows vendors and food demonstrators to prepare and offer food samples. Besides learning the provisions of the new law, participants will learn food safety principles. Attendees will have an opportunity to complete a Safe Food Sampling Worksheet to comply with food safety regulations.
Recommended for farmers' market managers and vendors.
In person, as requested – Call Connie at (507) 337-2819 to find out about upcoming workshops or to sponsor one for your group.
Safe Food Sampling at Farmers' Market Checklist
Outlines the 2014 Minnesota Safe Food Sampling legislation requirements in a simple checklist form. (153 K PDF)
- Safe Food Sampling Tips For Vendors and Food Demonstrations at Farmers' Market
Who doesn't love free food samples? Tips to prepare and serve them safely. (978 K PDF)
- Minnesota Farmers' Market Association Safe Food Sampling Worksheet
For Vendors and Cooking Demonstrators (144 K DOC).
- Peddling Your Pickles Safely
- Home Food Safety
- To Your Health! — Food Safety For High Risk Audiences
- Cooking Safely for a Crowd
For more information contact Suzanne Driessen, firstname.lastname@example.org, 320-203-6057.