Peddling Your Pickles Safely
This course is for anyone interested in selling home processed acidified foods at famers' markets and community events in Minnesota. The five-hour course includes the following topics:
- Pickle Bill legislation
- Types of home canned foods in pickle bill
- Food safety from harvest to process
- Sanitation — how clean is your kitchen?
- Home processing and equipment
- Acid levels of produce
- Using a pH meter
- and much more!
Recommended for individuals who want to sell their home processed acidified foods at local farmers markets.
In person: Offered in spring and summer. See if this course is currently scheduled.
- To Your Health! — Food Safety for High Risk Audiences
- Cooking Safely for a Crowd
- Making and Marketing Jams and Jellies
- Safe Food Sampling at Farmers' Markets
For more information contact Debra Botzek-Linn, email@example.com, 320-203-6056.