Home food preservation
A variety of courses are available for people who preserve and process food at home. Preserving food at home safely is emphasized, along with information on how to produce a quality product.
Course topics include:
- Safe home canning, freezing, pickling, and drying
- The science of food preservation
- Producing a quality home preserved product
- Home processing and equipment
- Selecting research-based credible resources
Most courses use the community sponsorship model. Community groups or organizations sponsor the workshop, make the arrangements, and take registrations and fees.
Class titles include:
- Preserving food safely
- Preserve your harvest
- Preserving food safely: Exploring the options
- Freezing food for later use
- Basics of home canning: Safety first
- Food preservation: Where to find credible resources and canning basics
- Preserving tomatoes and salsa
- Methods and safety in home food preservation
Recommended for individuals who want to learn about updated practices for preserving food for their own use.
- In person. Courses can be provided for a group of at least 20 learners, depending on availability of trainers. See if courses are currently scheduled:
Schedule a course
To sponsor a training with your organization or community you need:
- A minimum of 20 participants from your organization
- A training site/location
- Contact us at email@example.com for cost and arrangement details.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org