Skip to Main navigation Skip to Left navigation Skip to Main content Skip to Footer

University of Minnesota Extension

Extension > Food > Food Safety > Contact the Food Safety Program

Print Icon Email Icon Share Icon

Contact the Food Safety Program

Foodservice managers and employees

Certification renewal

Renew your food manager certification through our online course.

Check our FAQs if you have a technical question about the online course, including how to print certificate of completion.

Still have a question? Contact

Initial certification

Extension no longer offers initial food manager certification. Visit Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) to find answers to all Certified Food Manager (CFM) questions including where and when classes are offered, if your certification has expired, how to process your paperwork and more.

Food entrepreneurs

Cottage foods

Have a question about making and selling food from your home? View our cottage food course and resources. Still have a question? Contact

Food processors

Contact Joellen Feirtag ( for information on consulting services and fees.

Home preservers or home cooks

You can find many answers on this website—try:

Still have questions? Call or email our AnswerLine.

Other questions

Direct other questions to

  • © Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
  • The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Privacy