How to Freeze Homemade Stewed Tomatoes
- Wash, remove stem. Peel and quarter tomatoes before stewing.
- Heat rapidly until tender (10 to 20 minutes).
- Simmer five to ten minutes.
- Cool tomatoes quickly.
- Place container of tomatoes in ice cold water.
- When steam is gone, cover tightly, label and freeze. Use frozen tomato products within 12 to 18 months. Longer storage is safe but decreases overall quality.
Other Recommended Resources
- Freezing tomatoes — National Center for Home Food Preservation
Reviewed by Suzanne Driessen 2014