Preserving and Preparing
- Check the temperature of the refrigerator by placing an appliance thermometer near the door.
- Appliance thermometers can be purchased at kitchen, hardware and discount stores.
- Refrigerators should maintain a temperature of 40°F or below. Temperatures higher than 40°F create an environment ideal for bacteria to grow on food.
- Use an appliance thermometer to check the freezer temperature too. It should read 0°F or lower. If not, adjust the freezer temperature control settings.
- Store eggs in carton on refrigerator shelf. Don't store perishable foods in the refrigerator door, as the temperature fluctuates.
Do you have 5 minutes to spare? Learn something new with one of these short narrated slideshows. More