Food Safety Employee Training
Food safety employee training benefits foodservice workers and your business! Food establishments are responsible for keeping food safe for their customers. To reduce potential foodborne health hazards in Minnesota foodservice establishments, all persons working in foodservice should have basic food safety training.
Food safety employee training is a flexible, fun two-hour training that provides basic need-to-know safe food handling practices for employees with little to no experience as well as a refresher for those with experience. Topics include:
- Preventing foodborne illness
- Food temperature control
- Personal hygiene
- Preventing cross contamination
- Preparing/serving food safely
- Cleaning and sanitizing
Food safety employee training is for persons currently working in or interested in working in the foodservice industry. This training provides basic need-to-know food safety information. The training will be designed for and delivered to entry-level to experienced staff in all areas of the foodservice industry (i.e. wait staff to salad preparer to chef to dishwasher).
- In-person, as requested workshops are held in foodservice establishments or in central community sites. The two-hour workshops are interactive and provide hands-on training.
- Trainings are also available in Spanish.
Schedule and Registration
To schedule training with your establishment or in your community for several establishments, you need:
- A minimum of 15 participants
- A training site/location
- Contact Connie Schwartau at email@example.com for cost and arrangement details.
July - December 2014 — View and print a registration form and brochure (475 K PDF)
For more information please contact Connie Schwartau, firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-337-2819.