Join the farm to school movement in Minnesota. Start by participating in Farm to School Month, and then stay connected year round through the newsletters and resource people listed below.
Find resources to help you celebrate farm to school initiatives this October.
- Farm to School in Minnesota — Minnesota Farm to School Leadership Team — Sign up for this quarterly newsletter intended for all farm to school stakeholders in Minnesota: foodservice professionals, farmers, teachers, food-loving families, and more!
- Become a National Farm to School Network Member — National Farm to School Network — Members receive monthly email newsletters and stay up-to-date on the latest stories, best practices, learning opportunities, and policy actions to help farm to school grow nationwide.
- The Dirt — U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Office of Community Food Systems — Sign up for this E-letter that is delivered every other Tuesday and is chock full of updates, webinar info, relevant news, and field notes.
Get in Touch
- Contact Stephanie Heim, the Minnesota Core Partner for the National Farm to School Network at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact a Minnesota Supporting Partner:
Health and Nutrition Team — Find contact information for leadership, Extension educators, nutrition educators, and campus faculty.
Local Master Gardener Program — Find your county's garden hotline number.
Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships (RSDP) — Take advantage of new opportunities and solve problems related to agriculture and food systems, tourism and resilient communities, natural resources, and clean energy. The RSDP connects Greater Minnesota communities to University of Minnesota knowledge and seed funding with local talent and resources.