Farm to School Leadership Team
The Farm to School Leadership Team works through partnerships across Minnesota to build farm to school initiatives that help kids eat healthy, support nearby farmers, foster economic vitality, and strengthen communities.
University of Minnesota Extension and Minnesota Department of Health co-convened this statewide team in April 2011 to advance Minnesota’s farm to school agenda. Eleven member organizations have joined the group that strives to maximize the resources, ideas, and impact of the state's many farm to school efforts:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota
- Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
- Minnesota Department of Agriculture
- Minnesota Department of Education
- Minnesota Department of Health
- Minnesota Institute for Sustainable Agriculture
- Minnesota School Nutrition Association
- Minnesota Schoolyard Garden Coalition
- Renewing the Countryside
- University of Minnesota Extension
- USDA Rural Development
To learn more about the processes and outcomes of the Farm to School Leadership Team over the past five years, read the 2016 report linked below.
Cross-Sector Collaboration: A Report from the Minnesota Farm to School Leadership Team — This report documents the processes and outcomes of the Farm to School Leadership Team over the past five years. It includes the dynamic tensions inherent in cross-sector collaborations, success stories, and the history of farm to school in Minnesota.
Our Extension Educators — Get to know University of Minnesota Extension's Health and Nutrition Extension educators.
Family Matters: Farm to School — Browse farm to school stories on our blog.