Operation Family: A Family Care Plan
When a military parent is deployed, it means being away from the family. The children continue to grow and family members continue to deal with daily life throughout the time the soldier is away.
Some military families may be need to develop a Family Care Plan. This type of plan is especially useful if you are:
- A single parent
- A single pregnant service member
- A dual military couple
- A service member responsible for caring for another person
The Family Care Plan serves as a “blueprint” that shows how your family will be cared for in your absence — whether you are deployed, on temporary duty, or otherwise unavailable because of military obligations.
Get started on your Family Care Plan today! There are two options for completing your plan:
- Download the entire form: Operation Family (279 K PDF)
- Click on the sections below to complete the parts of the plan that apply to your family.
All plan pages feature fields for you to type in your own information.
Operation Family Table of Contents
- Introduction (18 K PDF)
- Vital Information About Our Soldier (20 K PDF)
- Information About Other Family Members (18 K PDF)
- Preparing Our Family for Deployment (26 K PDF)
- Housing (27 K PDF)
- Education & Child Care (27 K PDF)
- Child Activities (28 K PDF)
- Family Time (27 K PDF)
- Religion (19 K PDF)
- Legal Issues (25 K PDF)
- Transportation (33 K PDF)
- Finances (42 K PDF)
- Health Care (34 K PDF)
- Communication During Deployment (20 K PDF)
- Parenting Decisions (26 K PDF)
- Special Considerations for Each of Our Children (20 K PDF)
- Planning for the Homecoming (16 K PDF)
- Conclusion (4 K PDF)
Parent Resources — Understand and address some of the challenges that you and your teen may be facing: physical development, educational success, risky behaviors, family and peer relationships, and more.
School Success — Build strong parent-child relationships through education and collaboration
Resources for Parents — These free online resources are designed to help families experiencing divorce or separation.