Extension > Family > Supporting Farm Families > Supporting Agricultural Workers from Mexico: Balancing Work and Family Demands > Unit 4: Understanding the Challenges Associated with Bridging Language Differences
Unit 4: Understanding the Challenges Associated with Bridging Language Differences
This unit will help employers:
- Be aware of their employee handbook as a communication tool.
- Develop a plan for creating an environment for a safe, healthy work environment — both physically and emotionally.
- Be aware of agencies (national, regional, state, county, and city) to aid their Latino/a workers.
Lesson time: 50 minutes
Download these materials for this lesson:
- Complete Unit 4 Lesson Plan (349 K PDF)
- Video Reflection Handout (209 K PDF) (also used in Units 2 and 3)
- Realidades: Mexican Agricultural Workers in Minnesota — Video Script
(8.5 MB PDF)
- Case Study: Juan (277 K PDF)
- Case Study: Margarita (207 K PDF)
- Case Study: Ricardo (277 K PDF)
- Supporting Agricultural Workers in Mexico: Balancing Work and Family Demands Evaluation (462 K PDF)
You will need the resource list found at:
Watch these videos: