Program Impact and Feedback
An impact evaluation was completed on Dollar Works 2 in 2010 to test the effectiveness of the curriculum.
We found that Dollar Works 2 education in a dose of six hours is effective for improvement of financial literacy. Money behaviors change and financial satisfaction increases along with access to financial information following the educational session.
More than 200 people have now participated in our Train-the-Trainer Workshops. Here's what they are saying:
What is the quality of materials in the Dollar Works 2 curriculum?
- The topics are important in today's economy.
- It is thorough, covering almost every area of family financial management.
- Curriculum materials are well organized and flexible.
- It is informative and easy to understand by clients.
- It is user-friendly, with plenty of tools (like evaluations) to use.
- It is relevant, especially the excellent cross-references to websites.
How will you use the Dollar Works 2 curriculum?
- 80% reported using the curriculum one-on-one or with small groups.
- 20% reported using the curriculum with community groups (college classes, youth groups, etc.).
How is the Dollar Works 2 Train-the-Trainer Workshop?
- Attendees reported that they liked the educator's teaching style, interactions with participants and experiential learning techniques.
- Attendees reported being "likely" or "very likely" to achieve 60% of the program educational goals as a result of the training.
- 95% of training participants rated the overall training as "good" or "excellent."
Find out more about Dollar Works 2:
For more information about Family Development's applied research and program evaluation projects, see Family Development Research.