Taxes 101 Training
Are you a community professional who works with low- to moderate-income individuals and families? Do you need to help people make the most of tax time? If so, the Taxes 101 Training is for you!
About this Training
Taxes 101 Training is a series of free webinars and face-to-face workshops offered through a partnership by the University of Minnesota Extension, Prepare + Prosper, Mid-Minnesota Legal Assistance, and Minnesota Community Action Partnership. It was formerly called Tax Credit Primer Trainings for Social Service Providers.
The Taxes 101 Training services will help you learn about:
- Tax changes.
- Who should file taxes.
- Basics about tax credits.
- Free tax preparation.
- Claiming dependents.
- Tips for having conversation about taxes.
- Importance of saving at tax time.
- Resources for parents, divorced parents, and never married adults claiming one or more children.
- Frequently asked questions.
A certificate of completion is available at the end of each workshop.
Check back December 2017 for next year's Taxes 101 Training.
Help Minnesota Save — Find the recordings of last season's Taxes 101 Training webinars.