About Financial Capability
The Financial Capability Team at University of Minnesota Extension Center for Family Development builds the financial education capacity of community professionals so that they can support Minnesotans in making informed financial decisions. This website connects you with:
- Effective, evidence-based teaching tools you can use with your clients.
- Educational opportunities to build your own skills.
- Ways to connect with other community partners and Extension experts.
Financial Capability and Education
We provide financial education to increase consumer awareness of financial issues, leading towards attitudinal change and eventual behavior change. The need for financial education for Minnesotans has grown:
- Financial decisions are more complex.
- Youth face financial decisions at a much earlier age.
- Increasing numbers of families experience economic hardship.
When you offer targeted financial education to your clients, you equip them with the information they need. This results in increased knowledge and confidence to improve their financial well-being.
This team of experienced educators are located through the state of Minnesota.
Read about this on-going study that aims to learn about family experiences when elderly people are victims of financial exploitation by someone in their own family.
Our team provides answers and helps Minnesota's Latinos navigate financial systems. Individual and group education available. En español: Programa Latino para la Educación Financiera
- Find all the educational offerings that Financial Capability team members deliver throughout the state.
Understanding Economic Change — Learn more about the Community Vitality Team that works with community groups, leaders of economic development organizations, business groups, and government officials to develop credible and defensible analyses of local economies.
Agricultural Business Management — Connect with this team to get University research-based information on farm management and marketing.